NAMM Musikmesse Russia, the international fair for musical instruments, sheet music, music production and music business connections, will welcome visitors to Moscow’s Sokolniki Exhibition and Convention Centre, from September 13 to 16, 2018.
The world and domestic manufacturers and distributors will display their brands of musical instruments, sheet music and music production. Yamaha Music, ProAudio systems, 64 Audio, Denaton, D'addario, Lutner, Gitarland.ru, LTM Music, Sound Neva, the Russian Trading Company, INSPECTOR GUITARS, Blastbeat DrumShop and many other companies will present new opportunities for every aspect of the music industry to large numbers of industry specialists and consumers at their booths. For the first time visitors will be able not only see these brands, but also to purchase them at special prices.
This year globally renowned musical brands will present themselves and their products in exhibition halls 4.1, 7, 7a and 17.
The upstairs and downstairs of the hall 7a will locate the main part of the show exposition. A separate pavilion created exclusively for drums and percussion will also be open to all visitors for the third time in the hall 17. Moreover, the strategic partner Yamaha Music – one of the largest global manufacturers of musical instruments and audio equipment, will present their novelties and musical workshops to the public, taught by world-famous artists in a separate pavilion 7. The convenient registration area of the fair will be located in the hall 4.1. The show will be held in parallel with Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia, the international fair of technologies and services for entertainment, integrated systems and creation, in the exhibition halls 3, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.
NAMM Musikmesse Russia was included in the consolidated action plan of the Russian Ministry of industry and trade for 2018. The official support will allow the Moscow show not only to present the expanded exposition of domestic producers of musical instruments, but also will contribute to the development of small and medium-sized business in the Russian music industry.
MF-Group and Live Sound Agency are the technical partners of the exhibition.
The NAMM Musikmesse Russia 2018 is supported in the information space by:
- VK music – the General socialmedia partner,
- Maximum radio station – the General radio partner,
- online guide KudaGo.com - the General promotion partner
The constant development of the market is reflected in a diverse business and educational programme of the show for both public and trade. Some events will be tranditional for the show taking a liking to the visitors, other - new. Dozens of events will include workshops, roundtables, conferences, concerts, festivals, competitions.
The extensive B2B fringe program will include:
- Music Education Symposium with the participation of the International Society for Music Education (ISME). On 13 September music educators working in the local area will band together to discuss contemporary issues surrounding music education. The Symposium will be moderated by the ISME President - professor Lee Higgins.
- Educational festival for music teachers. Festival will be dedicated to issues of modern music and educational technologies. On Sunday music teachers will be able to visit the pedagogical workshop "New technologies and artistic possibilities of electronic musical instruments", where the current issues of digital music performance and creativity, artistic techniques of sound synthesis, sound design, sound engineering and multimedia will be discussed.
- The Russian Ministry of industry and trade will present School of export;
- Piano days, seminars for piano tuners supported by the Russian Association of piano tuners;
- B2B meetings with the Chinese manufacturers and domestic dealers and distributors;
- Dealer conferences.
In addition to the business program the show will present several musical festivals, finals of competitions, prize draws, autograph sessions of popular artists, meet& greet in conference halls, on booths and on a stage for the public.Among the most interesting events there are:
- D’Addario Guitar Festival. The best Russian guitarists including popular domestic musical bloggers and musicians will band together to play the guitars and compete in guitar battles at outdoor stage on Sunday, 16 September. The festival`s special guest will be Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - an American guitarist, songwriter, recording artist, producer, ex-guitar player of Guns N' Roses.
-Musical laboratory – MUZZLAB. In a separate conference hall, acknowledged industry experts, successful bloggers and popular artists will share their experience and trade secrets on how to become a successful musician in today‘s world. All four days of the fair, visitors can learn at master-classes and clinics on different topics including guitar and electronic music, vocals, producing, recording, PR and self promotion, musical management, music sales and more. Among partners are major music portals, concert and PR agencies, business and music schools, production centers and festival organizers.
- Drum competition “Drummers United 2018”, where young drum talents will compete in three categories. On Saturday, September 15, the finalists will compete at the show outdoor stage. The winners will receive professional prizes from world brands: sets of plates, custom ear monitors and other drum accessories. Sponsors oft he Drummers United 2018 are 64 Audio, MuzTorg and Slami Music Company. DrumFan – sponsor of the People`s Choice Award. The co-organizer of the competition is Blastbeat DrumShop
By NAMM Musikmess Russia` tradition, visitors will be in for a pleasant surprise, will find many prize drawings and surprise sessions with music celebrities.
We are waiting for you from the 13th to 16th of September at the show center in the park «Sokolniki»!
Additional information on show events and programming and free online ticket are available at the official website www.namm-musikmesse.ru.
Other Musikmesse fairs worldwide:
Music China, 10 to 13 October 2018, Shanghai, China
Musikmesse, 2 to 5 April 2019, Frankfurt, Germany
Other NAMM shows worldwide
Summer NAMM, 18 to 20 July 2019, Nashville, Tennessee
The NAMM Show, 24 to 27 January 2019, Anaheim, California
About Messe Frankfurt RUS
Messe Frankfurt RUS, the subsidiary of the international exhibition organizer, works in Russia since 2002. The portfolio includes 10 international brands of exhibitions and forums in Moscow, Kazan and Astana. Messe Frankfurt RUS is an exclusive operator of two Chinese national shows in Moscow - China Machinery Fair and China Commodity Fair, organized by Ministry of commerce of China. The staff of the company is more than 50 competent specialists with strong expertise in organization different kinds of events.
In 2015 together with ITE Expo OOO established a joint-venture ITEMF Expo. The company operates the leading events in automotive sector – MIMS Automechanika Moscow, COMTRANS and Busworld Russia as well as international forum IMAF. For more information, please visit: www.messefrankfurt.ru | www.facebook.com/messefrankfurtrus/ | www.youtube.com/MesseFrankfurtRUS/
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With over 2,400 employees at some 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €669 million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com | www.congressfrankfurt.de | www.festhalle.de
The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) is the not-for-profit association with a mission to strengthen the $17 billion music products industry. NAMM is comprised of approximately 10,300 member companies located in 104 countries and regions. NAMM events and members fund The NAMM Foundation's efforts to promote the pleasures and benefits of music, and advance active participation in music making across the lifespan. For more information about NAMM, please visit www.namm.org, call 800.767.NAMM (6266) or follow the organization on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia 2018 (pdf, 221 KB)