This year, the international music festival NAMM Musikmesse Russia, and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia, the international trade fair of technologies and services for entertainment, integrated systems and creation welcomed 12,914 visitors to Moscow’s Sokolniki Exhibition and Convention Centre from September 12 to 14, 2019.
At NAMM Musikmesse Russia, three main areas of the show welcomed visitors with education sessions, a live show, and an exposition space.
Visitors were able to see more than 250 international brands including Yamaha Music, Proaudio.ru, 64 Audio, PedalZoo, Dynatone, D'Addario, Lutner, Asia Music, INSPECTOR GUITARS, Blastbeat DrumShop and many others, which presented their musical instruments and equipment within three halls:
- Music Hall (hall 7a) - The main exposition for musical instruments and accessories
- Drummers United (hall 17) - Drums and percussion
- Audio + DJ (hall 4.1) - Recording, DJ and audio equipment
Ekaterina Agrest, Marketing Department Proaudio Systems: “This is not the first year that we have been participating in NAMM Musikmesse and we always get the good outcome from the show. Here we acquire end-customers and dealers from Moscow and from regions, with whom we do not often have the opportunity to meet. This year we marked that there are more quality visitors. Also the quantity of visitors was busier than in previous years.”
The festival presented an exciting educational program for both the business-oriented audience and professional visitors, as well as a rich show program for a wide audience, including such highlights as:
- The Music Education Symposium – A conference for music teachers organized with the support of the International Society for Music Education (ISME) to discuss contemporary issues surrounding music education.
- Musical Laboratory, MUZZLAB – The three-day conference welcomed industry experts, successful bloggers and popular artists who shared their experience of how to become a successful musician and industry specialist in today’s world. More than 1,800 industry proffesionals and musicians registered for the Musical Laboratory MuzzLab 2019.
- Future Music Technology – New this year, the hub welcomed visitors to participate in workshops about EDM, jam-sessions and meet and greets with famous DJs and EDM artists. The program was co-organized by MusicMag.
- Drummers United – Finalists of the fourth annual online contest competed on the outdoor stage in three categories on September 14. Sponsored by Yamaha, Blastbeat Drum Shop, D’Addario, Promark, Evans, and Paiste, the jury was formed of popular drummers, led by the festival`s special guest Eloy Casagrande – a Brazilian drummer, best known as the current drummer of Brazilian thrash metal act Sepultura. As a part of Drum Festival, Casagrande presented a workshop for drummers. The competition was co-organized by Blastbeat Drum Shop.
- D’Addario Guitar Festival – On Friday, September 13, the best Russian guitarists banded together to play guitar and competed in guitar battles on the outdoor stage.
The show program also included concerts, meet and greets with popular musicians, music contests, prize draws, masterclasses and presentations from well-known celebrities.
The eighth edition of Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia presented visitors a full range of products and services in three pavilions and on the outdoor space for live sound demonstrations.
A&T Trade, Alustage, Aris, Asia Music, AV Stumpfl, AVC, Ayrton S.A.S., Clay Paky, Coemar Lighting, Columbus McKinnon, CTC Capital, Dealercenter, DIGIS, Doka Center, Epson, Hi-Tech Media, IMLIGHT, LINK Srl, LTM, MA Lighting, MixArt, OKNO-AUDIO, Panasonic, Protone, Robe Lighting, Serapid, Shure, SiM, Universal Acoustics, Unvis Pro, Scircus and many others presented over 600 brands at the venue. The exposition was housed within three halls:
- Hall 4 – Professional lighting, sound and projection equipment, stage constructions, and rigging
- Hall 4.1 – Continuation of the exposition
- Hall 4.2 – Program zone, conference halls
- Outdoor exposition of Coda Audio, B&A, Bose Professional Russia and Oktava
In addition to the exposition, an open-air platform for line arrays showcased true concert sound by leading manufacturers under real-life conditions.
Frederic Kromberg, Director of International Sales from Klotz AIS GmbH: “We do exhibit for 3rd time in a row in Prolight + Sound NAMM and we are glad to be part again. We are quite happy about the outcome of the show. The attendance is on the growing side. We’ve had a good number of professional leads and contacts and in general we do see more people than in previous years. That’s a good sign.”
Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia 2019 presented an intensive business program for professional visitors, which included:
- Theatre Forum – For theatre planning, technology and design, the program included training activities for technical specialists of theatres, a guided tour around the exposition, and matchmaking between technical directors of theatres and producers and equipment suppliers.
- Guided technical tours - Tours were held around the exposition for different groups of visitors: sound engineers, lighting designers, event agencies and theatres.
- The Black Box Theatre – A scaled-down model of a concert hall served to hold seminars and to demonstrate various stage equipment and technologies under real-life conditions.
- Series of master classes for live show automation by famous sound engeneers.
- Dante Certification Training Course – On September 12, more than 200 visitors participated in a Level 1 and 2 Dante Certification Training course.
- Prolight + Sound FORUM – The three-day forum included seminars and training sessions on different aspects: audio, light, stage and media-technologies.
- The Future of Audio and Music Technology – The summit covered the future of modern audio applications and new music technologies and was presented by A3E.
MF-Group, Bose, Stagemarket, Fisrt Line and Prolyte served as the technical partners of the shows.
Both 2019 shows were supported in the information space by online guide KudaGo.com as the general promotion partner, by Maximum radio station as the general radio partner, and by ProSound as the general internet partner.
Other Musikmesse fairs worldwide:
Musikmesse, 2 to 5 April 2019, Frankfurt, Germany
Music China, 10 to 13 October 2019, Shanghai, China
Other Prolight + Sound fairs worldwide:
Prolight + Sound Guangzhou, 24 to 27 February 2019, Guangzhou, China
Prolight + Sound, 2 to 5 April 2019, Frankfurt, Germany
Prolight + Sound Shanghai, China, 10 to 13 October 2019, Shanghai, China
Prolight + Sound Middle East, 15 to 17 October 2019, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Other NAMM shows worldwide
Summer NAMM, 9 to 11 July 2020, Nashville, Tennessee
The NAMM Show, 16 to 19 January 2020, Anaheim, California
Contact for press
Tel: +7 495 649 8775 ext.148
International press contacts:
NAMM Public Relations Director
1 (760) 438-8001 ext. 102
Marketing Communications / Press
Entertainment, Media & Creative Industries
Tel +49 69 7575 - 6866
Contact for exhibitors
Tel. +7 (495) 649-8775 ext.104
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €718 million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) is the not-for-profit association with a mission to strengthen the $17 billion music products industry. NAMM is comprised of approximately 10,400 member companies located in 104 countries and regions. NAMM events and members fund The NAMM Foundation's efforts to promote the pleasures and benefits of music, and advance active participation in music making across the lifespan. For more information about NAMM, please visit www.namm.org, call 800.767.NAMM (6266) or follow the organization on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.